1. Booking:Registration for a course and related services occurs once a student has received written confirmation from Study Cape Town (called SCT).
2. Deposit and Payment:* A non-refundable 25% deposit (maximum amount: 500 Euro) is required to secure a booking. This amount forms part of the payment for the booked services and shall be offset to the total amount charged to the student. The deposit shall be deemed as effectively paid only once they have been paid into the account specified by SCT in the confirmation of registration.
* If the full amount is not paid by one (1) day after starting the course, the SCT reserves the right to treat the booking as cancelled and the deposit shall be forfeited.
*All transactions will be processed in South African Rands (ZAR) at the currency exchange rate of the booking date. Charges incurred in the transfer of money is for the student's account.
3. Withdrawal:Once courses have commenced no refund will be considered should a student cancel or fail to attend lessons. Nor will a refund be considered should a student be asked to withdraw from said course(s) due to poor attendance or unsatisfactory performance and / or unbecoming behaviour.
* SCT reserves the right to change any tour or excursions at its sole and absolute discretion, without prior notification in instances where this is unavoidable. However, in this instance SCT agrees to provide to the student an adequate tour. This shall be SCT's sole responsibility to the student and no claim for any damages, howsoever arising, shall accrue against SCT.
* If you book the General English course (group lessons) which has 20 hours per week and should you be the only one, 10 one-to-one lessons (private lessons) instead of 20 lessons allotted to group lessons will be conducted with you. In the case that you book the Intensive English course (group lesson), the same applies as the General English course if you are the only student except that the additional 10 hours will conducted to you as the 5 one-to-one lessons (private lessons). The same also applies if you are the only one who booked for any of our packages. The 10 hour group lessons ( 4 week package) and the 20 hour group lessons( 8 and 12 week package) will be carried out 5 one-to-one lessons(private lessons) and 10 one-to-one lessons (private lessons) respectively.
SCT does not insure students against illness, accident, theft, or against the loss of personal effects or whatsoever at any time. Neither SCT nor its representatives will accept responsibility for any accident that may occur to any student for the duration of a course of study, either during excursions or any other activities, whether on or off the premises of the institution. SCT therefore recommends that students take out full personal insurance cover, including medical and any other foreseeable expenses. This insurance should include loss of fees paid in advance, in total or in part, for a course or for any activity that cannot be attended.
6. Passport and VISA requirements:
Many countries have passport and VISA requirements. Please inform yourself about such regulations and take the necessary measures. We shall be happy to provide information.
7. Public Holidays:SCT notes that the schools at the course locations are closed on public holidays. No claims against SCT shall accrue in his or her favour as a result. Only private lessons that have been missed due to public holidays will be made up to a student at a date that is convenient to both lecturer and student.